Homemade Turmeric Essential Oil and benefits
Over the years, researchers have been learning more and more about the health benefits of turmeric and its active component, curcumin. Turmeric has been used for over 2500 years in India. The health benefits of turmeric have been slowly revealing themselves over the centuries. Long known for its anti-inflammatory properties, recent research has revealed that it can be helpful in the treatment of many different health conditions from cancer to Alzheimer’s disease.
Turmeric is one of the loved spices in India which is a home of numerous health and beauty benefits. Its medicinal properties work magically on skin and body ailments. There are ways to use turmeric in different forms both externally and internally. The usage, availability and benefits of turmeric powder is known to us, similarly other forms of turmeric have the same beneficial properties.
Simple modification along with the addition of few other ingredients results good homemade turmeric products. The turmeric essential oil and turmeric scrub can be naturally prepared with easy steps and you can enjoy the skin and health essentials from it.
Benefits of Turmeric Essential Oil:
Skin care: The oil can be used for skin massaging which helps reduction of acne, blackheads, scars making your skin soft and glow. Regular body massage removes all the skin imperfections giving a healthy skin complexion. You can even add few drops of turmeric oil to your bath water.
Allergies: As turmeric has antiseptic properties, the oil is a natural remedy for mosquito bite, skin infections and is a good healing agent for wounds.
Anti-inflammatory: The turmeric oil massage provides relief from joint pains, muscle pains, cramps and arthritis because of its rich anti inflammatory properties.
Common cold: Inhaling turmeric oil by adding drops of turmeric oil to hot water or using a vaporizer opens blocked nostrils immediately. It also kills germs causing common cold helping to cure faster.
- 2 cups of pure coconut oil
- Turmeric roots
- Rub turmeric roots on a coarse stone with drops of water which forms a smooth paste. Collect at least two spoons of turmeric paste.
- In a pan add coconut oil and heat in low flame. Add the turmeric paste to the pan and heat for a minute by continuous swirling. Switch off the flame and allow cooling. Remember not to burn turmeric while heating.
- Allow the oil to attain room temperature. Transfer to the clean bottle and avoid the moisture contact.
- Aromatic homemade turmeric essential oil is ready!